Welcome to Women United.
Women United is a diverse, vibrant community of visionaries and change makers bound together by a powerful sense of belonging — to one another, to our community, and to our mission of transforming the lives of women.
Together, we leverage our time, talents and funds to empower women in our community to build strong, independent lives. United we are stronger. Together we can create a world full of opportunity for all women.
Women United is suited for women who value seeing the direct impact of their generosity and who are interested in connecting to a network of like-minded women.
To become a member, make a donation, or get more information contact Melissa at email@example.com.
Why join us
- Because you are ready to speak up, take action and move the needle for women.
- Because you want to connect with a group of innovative and inspiring women just like you.
- Because you know that behind every great woman are the women who have her back.
Our vision is that all women, at every stage in their lives, have the supports they need to thrive. Members of Women United support vulnerable women and their families to make sure they have equal opportunities for a successful life.
Through investment, engagement and leadership, together we will:
- Build a strong, healthy, safe community for everyone by investing in women and their families.
- Foster and create a deeper understanding and connection to issues facing women in our community through unique engagement opportunities.
- Celebrate volunteerism, advocacy, and women leadership in philanthropy.
Women United is for women who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of issues facing our community and want to see the direct impact of their donation.
- Through Women United you will be connected to a network of like-minded women who rally their support, expertise and resources to lift up vulnerable women in our community.
- As a member, you will have the opportunity to connect directly with women and their families whose lives are changed by your support.
- You will have the opportunity to share expertise and skills with other women through volunteering, networking, mentorship, and speaking opportunities.
By joining your local chapter, you will be part of an initiative that connects to a national and international movement of women supporting women. Globally, Women United includes more than 75,000 women across 6 countries and 165 communities.
Donors to United Way East Ontario can designate a gift to Women United to become a member. Gifts can be made as one-time, monthly or payroll deduction.
- Recognized in membership directory
- Receive updates on our work through newsletters
- Invited to events with passionate, like-minded women
- Opportunities to connect with the programs and women you support
- As above plus
- Opportunity to participate on Women United volunteer committees*
- Communications regarding professional volunteer opportunities (i.e. Board vacancies, Committee positions, etc) supporting the work of United Way or partner organizations
- As above, plus
- Opportunity to Chair Women United volunteer committees
- Entered into a pool of women profiled as community leaders
- Invitations to events celebrating Major Donors at United Way
- As above plus …
- Profiled as a community leader in local and national assets