Welcome to Women United.
Women United is a diverse, vibrant community of visionaries and change makers bound together by a powerful sense of belonging — to one another, to our community, and to our mission of transforming the lives of women.
Together, we leverage our time, talents and funds to empower women in our community to build strong, independent lives. United we are stronger. Together we can create a world full of opportunity for all women.
Women United is suited for women who value seeing the direct impact of their generosity and who are interested in connecting to a network of like-minded women. If you are interested in becoming a member or would like more information fill out the form below or contact Melissa at email@example.com.
Why join us
- Because you are ready to speak up, take action and move the needle for women.
- Because you want to connect with a group of innovative and inspiring women just like you.
- Because you know that behind every great woman are the women who have her back.
How we help
Members of Women United support vulnerable women and their families to make sure they have equal opportunities for a successful life.
Through investment, engagement and leadership, members of Women United:
- Build a strong, healthy, safe community for everyone by investing in women and their families.
- Deepen their understanding and connection to issues facing women in our community through unique engagement opportunities.
- Celebrate volunteerism, advocacy, and women leadership in philanthropy.
By connecting with like-minded women and rallying their support, expertise and resources, members lift up vulnerable women in our community.
Our vision is that all women, at every stage in their lives, have the supports they need to thrive.
Members of Women United work to…
- Empower women to become leaders and build stronger, more resilient communities.
- Give at-risk young women the supports and resources they need to be successful.
- Provide a healthy start for young mothers and their babies by offering the support and encouragement they need to succeed in school and in life.
Women United is suited for women who value experiencing the direct impact of their generosity, who are interested in connecting to a network of like-minded women, and who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of issues facing our community.
When you join, you connect with other local women who are passionate about positively impacting the lives of others.
By joining your local chapter, you will be part of an initiative that connects to a national and international movement of women supporting women.
As a member, you will have the opportunity to connect directly with women and their families whose lives are changed by your support.
You will also share expertise and skills with other women through volunteering, networking, mentorship, and speaking opportunities.
Donors to United Way East Ontario can designate a gift to Women United to become a member. Gifts can be made as one-time, monthly or payroll deduction.
- Recognized in membership directory
- Receive updates on our work through newsletters
- Invited to events with passionate, like-minded women
- Opportunities to connect with the programs and women you support
- As above plus…
- Opportunity to participate in the assessment of spark Community Action Grants proposals, which allocate grants to grassroots, resident-led initiatives in Ottawa’s most vulnerable neighbourhoods
- Opportunity to participate on Women United volunteer committees
- Communications regarding professional volunteer opportunities (i.e. Board vacancies, Committee positions, etc) supporting the work of United Way or partner organizations
- As above, plus…
- Opportunity to Chair Women United volunteer committees
- Entered into a pool of women profiled as community leaders
- Invitations to events celebrating Major Donors at United Way/Centraide
- As above plus…
- Profiled as a community leader in local and national assets