There are no open calls for proposals at this time.
United Way East Ontario is committed to making change happen in our community by working with, and investing in, our priority goal partners across the region. Non-profit organizations that demonstrate results and are aligned to our Priority Goals are invited to submit an application through our annual Call for Proposals (CFP) process.
Our Investment Guiding Principles are:
Invest resources where they are needed the most and where they will have the greatest impact.
- Invest to make a measurable difference in the community.
- Invest in a range of strategies to advance the priority goals including front line programs and services, convening, research and speaking up.
- Invest in accordance with the evolution of the priority goals that reflect the needs of the community.
- Invest to promote collaborative efforts to advance the priority goals.
Our Priority Goals:
United Way’s current Priority Goals for investment focus on specific issues that cut across disadvantaged populations to achieve community impact. To advance these priority goals, we invest for results in terms of people served, program outcomes and lives changed for the better.
These goals are designed to:
- Address root causes or systemic issues
- Offer rich opportunities to align the work with multiple community partners
- Enable evidence-based approaches
- Capitalize on community energy
Each Priority Goal is reviewed on a regular basis. The Priority Goal Review Process Framework was approved by our Community Services Cabinet. Through this process, the voices, expertise and experience from all parts of our community are leveraged to better inform our direction moving forward. Stakeholders include task forces, volunteer committee, service providers and community stakeholders that continue to guide and contribute to not only shaping our goals but to achieving them.
Call for Proposals and Investment Opportunities
Across our region, we are investing where we can have the greatest opportunity to have a big impact and change lives. Find out more about our investment opportunities in each community and learn more about our Call for Proposal process and your eligibility.
The Call for Proposals is just one of the many ways United Way East Ontario invests. All investments are aligned to our Priority Goals. We also have:
- Community Wide Initiatives – ex: EARN, Hire Immigrants Ottawa – HIO, Ottawa Child and Youth Initiative
- Targeted Community Investments – donor driven, ex. Enhanced Homework Clubs
- Strategic investment – ex. 2-1-1
- Community Action Grants – ex. Hard Hat Heroes (PCL) and spark Community Action Grants
- Testamentary Funds – undesignated funds bequeathed to United Way managed by our Community Services Cabinets. These are one time investments.