How does United Way East Ontario protect donor privacy?
- United Way does not sell or trade personal information and does not ‘rent’out mailing lists. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information, and limit access to this information to authorized personnel only.
- We will allow you full access to your information upon request and we will maintain its accuracy in keeping with your instructions. We will dispose of this information safely after the period of time prescribed by law.
- We will not provide or share your personal information with third parties unless you authorize us to do so in writing or unless the law requires us to do so.
- We will obtain your consent to disclose your personal information for recognition purposes for certain higher levels of donations i.e. Leadership donors and above.
How is personal information used?
- Process and recognize a donation;
- Understand donor interests and demographics;
- Conform to procedures required by law;
- Register your participation at a meeting or event;
- Communicate effectively;
- Build strong relationships; and,
- Meet service expectations.