Nunavut Emergency Community Support Fund
COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone, and is affecting the way we all support the most vulnerable in our community. United Way Centraide Canada (UWCC) has asked United Way East Ontario (UWEO) to manage investments of the Emergency Community Support Fund for Nunavut. UWEO knows this pandemic has already created an increase in demand for many local programs, shortages in supplies for others, and an elevated risk of disruption in service.
The Government of Canada’s $350M Emergency Community Support Fund is a vital step forward in our country’s rapid response to COVID-19.
This Call for Proposals for funding through the Emergency Community Support Fund is only open to agencies located in and serving people in Nunavut. The amount of funding available for investment is $52,087.
Local community service agencies were invited to submit a proposal to address one of the following needs:
- Basic Needs: Access to life’s essentials, such as food, personal protective equipment, cleansers, hygiene products, or other resources essential to help the most vulnerable stay healthy.
- Help for Elders: Ensure that while vulnerable people are isolated, they are also supported. Services and activities can include virtual programming, telephone check-ins, low risk engagement activities, transportation and basic needs product delivery.
- Capacity for Community Services: Ensuring that community organizations can continue to do their vital local work.
- Mental Health Support: Enabling crisis lines and system navigation services that benefit us all. Services such as youth and adult mental health crisis lines and virtual/online crisis and mental health counselling and supports have already seen an increase in use.
- Support for Volunteers: Helping to mobilize and organize the amazing people rallying together to support others, while maintaining public health guidelines.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|October 5, 2020|
Nunavut ECSF Call for Proposals Launch
October 30, 2020
Application deadline (1 PM)
November 1 – 26, 2020
November 27, 2020
Notification to Applicants
Please note that although the application form is available in Inuktitut, English and French, support by phone and email is only available in English and French.
We thank you, our social service providers, for continuing to support our communities’ most vulnerable and ensuring their access to much needed support continues.