Emergency Community Support Fund
COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone, and is affecting the way we all support the most vulnerable in our community. United Way East Ontario (UWEO) knows this pandemic has already created an increase in demand for many local programs, shortages in supplies for others, and an elevated risk of disruption in service. Local Love in a Global Crisis is UWEO’s response – we are convening partners to identify community needs, coordinating in-kind donations, and raising funds to support our community to address the immediate crisis and to rebuild.
The Government of Canada’s $350M Emergency Community Support Fund is a vital step forward in our country’s rapid response to COVID-19.
The Call for Proposals for funding through the Emergency Community Support Fund launches on May 19th and closes on May 29th at 1:00pm.
Local community service agencies are invited to submit a proposal to address one of the following needs:
- Basic Needs: access to life’s essentials, such as food, cleansers and hygiene products, or other resources essential to helping the most vulnerable stay healthy.
- Help for Seniors: to support those who are already vulnerable as they are isolated. Funds raised can support activities such as virtual programming, telephone check ins, low risk engagement activities, transportation and basic needs product delivery for those who are self-isolating.
- Capacity for Community Services: To ensure that community organizations can continue to do their vital local work.
- Mental Health Support: enabling crisis lines and system navigation services that benefit us all. Services such as youth and adult mental health crisis lines, and other virtual and online crisis and mental health counselling and supports have already seen an increase in use.
- Support for Volunteers: To bring together amazing people rallying to support others.
UWEO is working with our Community Response Table, networks, tables, and other funders and using tools such as the Ottawa Neighbourhood Study (ONS), Neighbourhood Equity Index (NEI) and 211 to help guide our investment decisions so we can be nimble to respond to our communities’ needs as efficiently as possible.
Important Dates and Deadlines
May 19, 2020
ECSF Call for Proposal Launch
May 29, 2020
Application deadline (1pm)
June 7 – June 23, 2020
No later than June 30, 2020
Notification to Applicants
June 7- July 1, 2020
Funding Agreement begins for successful applicants
We suggest that you use our comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions to help you complete the application.
Please download the fillable application form here.
We thank you, our social service providers for continuing to support our communities’ most vulnerable and ensuring their access to much needed supports continues.