Emergency Community Support Fund
COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone, and is affecting the way we all support the most vulnerable in our community. United Way East Ontario (UWEO) knows this pandemic has already created an increase in demand for many local programs, shortages in supplies for others, and an elevated risk of disruption in service. Local Love in a Global Crisis is UWEO’s response – we are convening partners to identify community needs, coordinating in-kind donations, and raising funds to support our community to address the immediate crisis and to rebuild.
The Government of Canada’s $350M Emergency Community Support Fund is a vital step forward in our country’s rapid response to COVID-19.
The Call for Proposals for funding through the Emergency Community Support Fund launches on October 5 and closes on October 30 at 1:00 PM.
Local community service agencies were invited to submit a proposal to address one of the following needs:
- Basic Needs: Access to life’s essentials, such as food, personal protective equipment, cleansers, hygiene products, or other resources essential to help the most vulnerable stay healthy.
- Help for Seniors: Ensure that while vulnerable people are isolated, they are also supported. Services and activities can include virtual programming, telephone check-ins, low risk engagement activities, transportation and basic needs product delivery.
- Capacity for Community Services: Ensuring that community organizations can continue to do their vital local work.
- Mental Health Support: Enabling crisis lines and system navigation services that benefit us all. Services such as youth and adult mental health crisis lines and virtual/online crisis and mental health counselling and supports have already seen an increase in use.
- Support for Volunteers: Helping to mobilize and organize the amazing people rallying together to support others, while maintaining public health guidelines.
UWEO is working with our Community Response Table, networks, tables, and other funders and using tools such as the Ottawa Neighbourhood Study (ONS), Neighbourhood Equity Index (NEI) and 211 to help guide our investment decisions so we can be nimble to respond to our communities’ needs as efficiently as possible.
A total of $1,164,096 million is available to invest in this round of the ECSF.
Important Dates and Deadlines
October 5, 2020
ECSF Call for Proposal Launch
October 30, 2020
Application deadline (1 PM)
November 1 – 26, 2020
November 27, 2020
Notification to Applicants