Community Builder Awards
United Way East Ontario’s Community Builder Award program honours the outstanding volunteers and champions of community that exist all around us—those organizations, partnerships, agencies, neighbourhood groups, and individuals who work tirelessly and collaboratively to make our communities better for everyone.
Throughout the year, we honour Community Builders with individual awards for their outstanding contributions in Prescott-Russell, Ottawa, Lanark County and Renfrew County.
We accept nominations year-round for our Community Builder Awards program.
Recipients are selected based on criteria including the following:
- Minimum of three years volunteer work.
- Volunteer work is a model for others in the local community and has had a measurable impact in our community.
- Volunteer work is beyond the normal scope of their professional duties and is not a paid position.
- Nominees volunteer efforts in the community should closely align to United Way’s work – whether it’s supporting people with mental health issues, helping vulnerable seniors, giving kids the chance to succeed and more.
In addition to the Community Builder Awards, United Way is proud to present an annual Community Builder of the Year award. This prestigious award is presented to the candidate that demonstrates the highest level of community impact. Selections for this award are based on meeting the basic criteria for Community Builder Awards (see above), but also demonstrate outstanding merit and meet the following criteria:
- Create lasting change by revolutionising, inventing or creating new programs, opportunities or support systems that benefit our communities at-large.
- Have a proven and substantial track record of community support and giving.
- Have demonstrated a measurable impact through their community work and volunteer efforts.
* We encourage nominators to mention if the nominee has uplifted and supported members of marginalized communities, including people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, BIPOC, 2SLGBTQ+ people, and Francophone communities.
Wall of Inspiration
Community Builder Award recipients are inscribed permanently on Walls of Inspiration in Prescott-Russell, Ottawa, Lanark County and Renfrew County so people will know their contributions for years to come.
Stay updated on Community Builder Awards program
Subscribe today to keep informed about the Community Builder Awards program’s latest news and activities.
By submitting your information, you permit United Way East Ontario to update you digitally about its Community Builder Award program and related activities. Our emails will include information about the CBA program, including upcoming CBA events, calls to nominate, and stories about new award recipients.
If you want to learn more about the organization’s work helping people across our community, consider subscribing to our monthly newsletter as well! Click here to sign up.