Officer, Business Development- EARN
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Employment Accessibility Resource Network (EARN) is an initiative led by United Way East Ontario (UWEO) that brings together employers, service providers and other stakeholders with the goal of increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities while working with employers to ensure inclusive and accessible workplaces.
Reporting to the Director of EARN, this position is responsible for the development and growth of a portfolio of business and stakeholder memberships/partnerships for the EARN initiative across East Ontario (which includes the communities of Lanark County, Renfrew County, Ottawa, and the united Counties of Prescott and Russell). They will identify, cultivate and build productive relationships with employers from private and public businesses, federal, provincial and municipal government departments, industry associations; also, the Chambers of Commerce, HRPA, community stakeholders, referral sources and from other networking opportunities. The Officer will deliver presentations and training to employers as required. This position will help design, develop, implement, evaluate and manage effective strategies to meet approved targets/deliverables as set out in the grant and by United Way East Ontario.
A valid drivers-license and access to a vehicle is essential as there is a travel requirement to this position to cover the East Ontario region.
The majority of the activities for this position will be conducted in English, however strong French language abilities in both oral and written communication are an asset as we look to build stronger relationships with Francophone and bilingual organizations as part of our project.
This is a 6-month contract position to cover a maternity leave.
- A University degree or related job experience
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
- Experience in Business Development, Human Resources and/or Marketing and Sales
- Experience in public speaking to large groups and individuals at a senior level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in the employment sector, human resources, and/or learning and development experience
- Experience and knowledge about employment issues facing vulnerable populations including those who are LGBTQ+, Indigenous, newcomer and/or refugees, living in poverty, living with disabilities, youth, etc.
- Subject matter knowledge regarding disability, inclusive workplace practices and labour standards
- Excellent judgement, leadership, diplomacy, negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and provide high level performance of tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills with a demonstrated high level of responsiveness
- Results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to organize and present information, views and complex concepts in a concise and understandable format to a variety of key stakeholders and audiences.
- Excellent relationship building skills and good ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and partnerships, within UWEO and in the community, using strong facilitation and convening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; ability to communicate in French would be considered an asset
- Lived experience would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think strategically and effectively, in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office is required
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and a resume indicating their interest in the role in confidence. Please quote competition number #2021-35 when submitting your resume. Full job description available upon request
United Way East Ontario encourages qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our staff team. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for
further consideration will be contacted.