Manager, Donor Relations- Major Gifts
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Donor Relations Manager is to provide oversight in the delivery of targeted donor fundraising strategies. Primarily, this position will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of existing donors who support United Way East Ontario in Ottawa, Prescott Russell, Renfrew and Lanark County. Additionally, this position will strong support our work to prospect for new Leadership and Major Donors in the broader community.
This position plays a key role in meeting fundraising and donor acquisition targets. To this end, the Manager will actively participate in the development and implementation of donor renewal, retention, recognition and engagement strategies delivered in both the workplace and non-workplace fundraising channels.
The Manager also works closely with the broader Resource Development team and provides input to cultivation and stewardship activities of individual donors, as well as recognition opportunities.
This position is based in Ottawa, but serves the region of Prescott-Russell, Ottawa, Lanark and Renfrew Counties. This position is a hybrid (blended remote and in person) position.
- A University degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of three to five years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organization with significant skills in the acquisition and stewardship of donors. Equivalent experience in sales and/or customer experience will be considered.
- Experience with applied consultative sales skills, and demonstrated success with effective listening.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high stress environment. Familiarity with project management and workflow considered an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and professional development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a considered a strong asset.
- Strong leadership and project management skills– and the ability to manage through influence.
- Proven success in results oriented fundraising.
- Advanced relationship management and networking skills – strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to mobilize others, including volunteers and stakeholders, to implement and deliver donor cultivation and stewardship tactics and programs.
- Superior communication skills – verbal and written. Ability to organize and present information, views and concepts in a concise and understandable format to a variety of key stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity.
- Proven organizational and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, including experience and comfort relating to senior leaders and decision-makers, strong ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to problem solve and to respond effectively and calmly in difficult situations.
- Ability to persuade others.
- Computer literacy in word processing, database/CRM and presentation software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Andar an asset.
- A vehicle is required for this position.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and a resume indicating their interest in the role in confidence by July 10, 2022. Full job description available on request.
Please quote competition number #2022-37 when submitting your resume.
United Way East Ontario encourages qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our staff team. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.