Manager, Digital Marketing
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Digital Marketing Manager is deeply passionate about both digital media content and technologies, with demonstrated expertise in email and search marketing.
The Digital Marketing Manager, thrives on a combination of creative and analytical challenges. He/she loves to apply the left brain to designing and perfecting processes, working with technology, analyzing trends and seeking continual improvement in performance measures. His/her right brain lights up with the challenge of creating compelling communications that touch hearts and minds and elicit extraordinary response.
By nature, this is an individual who is wired and connected, and has a passion for both how digital media work, and how humans respond to them. He/she has an appreciation and facility for technology, and has a formidable sense of aesthetic that is applied in crafting words and images that persuade and inform.
The Digital Marketing Manager will contribute to the success of United Way East Ontario’s digital marketing and fundraising objectives at both strategic and operational levels. With the support of his/her manager, they will both lead and have ownership over projects and work collaboratively with our talented Marketing and Communications team
A complete job description is available upon request at email@example.com
- Post secondary degree or diploma with a concentration in marketing, communications, social media, digital technologies and/or computer/information science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in a digital marketing role
- Experience managing email marketing campaigns
- Experience managing paid search and social media advertising
- Drip campaign/email automation experience an asset
- Experience using Mail Chimp or other email management software
- Experience using Google Analytics or other web analytics solutions
- Experience using Klipfolio or other dashboard and reporting software an asset
- Understanding and interest in new and emerging trends such as online communities, social media, etc.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Superior research and fact checking skills
- Ability to work well with multiple teams in a diverse, cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Experience working with the public and other stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of content management (CMS) and CRM (customer relationship management) systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent) an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical abilities
- Project and program management skills
- Self-motivated, ability work independently and participate as a team player and take initiative
- Developed proofreading skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining focused and flexible
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies and exploring emerging marketing channels
- Bilingual (French and English) considered an asset
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and a resume indicating their interest in the role in confidence by December 5th, 2021.
Please quote the competition number when submitting your resume.
United Way East Ontario encourages qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our staff team. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.