Desktop Support Analyst
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Desktop Support Analyst’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The position will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or remotely) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Provides direct, day to day support to 100+ permanent staff and an additional 25+ seasonal employees.
Maintains the support queue – prioritizes the 1000+ yearly organizational requests.
Manages, in a timely, accurate and proactive manner, resolution of problems that arise with software, hardware and other networked services.
Analyzes broad system problems and develops options, recommendations and detailed implementation plans, such as researching issues to ascertain the best possible solution.
A complete job description is available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Diploma, Computer Systems Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years supporting 100+ users – hardware / software support (upgrades, repairs, maintenance,
installation), network support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hardware – computers, printers, peripherals, switches, routers, wireless, modems
- Strong knowledge of Office 365, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Strong knowledge of Exchange Online
- Knowledge of ESET Anti-virus
- Strong Knowledge of backup software (Veritas Backup Exec)
- Strong Knowledge of System Imaging (WDS and MDT)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Work well under stress
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Organizational / time management skills
- Ability, initiative and willingness to learn new technologies / programs / software’s
- Excellent communication skills to relay information to non-technical people
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining SharePoint systems
- Administering and securing SharePoint sites and sub-sites
- Training employees on SharePoint usage and providing support to end users
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and a resume indicating their
interest in the role.
Please quote the competition number when submitting your resume.
United Way East Ontario encourages qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our staff team. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.