Administrative Assistant – Hire Immigrants Ottawa
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Hire Immigrants Ottawa (HIO) is an initiative that brings together employers, immigrant agencies and stakeholders to enhance the capacity of employers to recruit and integrate skilled immigrants into their workplaces. The main objective of HIO is to increase the number of employers in the Ottawa area who hire skilled immigrants into their workplaces.
Under the supervision of the Director, Hire Immigrants Ottawa, the Administrative Assistant plays a central role in providing administrative and logistics support to project staff. This includes the management and coordination of the administrative work of the HIO Secretariat; monthly funding reports; database management; inquiry referral; scheduling and preparation of meetings; and other administrative matters as they arise.
- Manage and coordinate the administrative work of the HIO Secretariat
- Schedule/organize meetings; prepare and distribute agendas, background materials and minute taking for all meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Snr. Manager Stakeholder Relations in coordinating Working Groups activities including taking minutes at meetings.
- Maintain and ensure filing systems (paper/electronic) are maintained, reviewed and purged when necessary.
- Maintain and update database of contacts for employers, stakeholders and partners.
- Manage staff calendars and schedules, office supply and inventory.
- Finance: Invoice processing, payment processing, cheque and visa transactions.
- Arrange for translation of documents, proof reading documents, and travel planning and booking.
- Respond to or redirect requests and inquiries about HIO to appropriate parties.
- Participate in reception relief on a rotational basis within the organization
- Work collaboratively with HIO team and other departments to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Assist with logistics coordination of all HIO events.
- Monitor media coverage of HIO events and activities, and provide synopsis in reports to funder(s).
- Update HIO website with current and relevant information approved by Director, HIO.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Post secondary education in office administration or a related field
- 2 to 5 years experience in office administration
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, diplomacy and professionalism
- Demonstrated experience in minute taking and proof-reading
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility and initiative
- Experience in event planning
- Willingness to work some evenings
- Team player; able to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please quote the competition number when submitting your resume. United Way East Ontario encourages qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our staff team. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process.